The following guidance has been set in place to ensure the safety and well being of all onsite for the Al Shira'aa Bolesworth Young Horse Championships (19-23 August).
All persons on site are to adhere to government guidance and advice on social distancing measures and any direct guidance for sport resumption.
• Showjumping will be delivered ‘behind closed doors’ without spectators.
• Volunteers and key personnel must be kept to a minimum throughout the event.
• All competitors should leave the venue as quickly as possible after competing. Stays should not be extended once competition participation is concluded. If there is a 48-hour period or loner between competing you must leave the venue between those competitions.
• Athletes may be accompanied by one other person and one additional person for every additional horse entered.
• For under 18 riders support – people in attendance are limited to one adult per under 18 athlete, and one additional person allowed for any additional ponies / horses entered. Only competing children may attend.
• Riders and Support should bring masks, gloves and personal hand sanitiser.
• Overnight stays at the event will only be permitted in self-contained facilities such as caravans, camper vans and or appropriately fitted horse boxes. No camping in tents or the erection of gazebos will be permitted. Horse boxes will be parked on hard-standing near to the stables. Caravans and campervans that cannot fit on the feather associated with their horse box will be parked in a designated area.
Be sensible, be responsible an enjoy your sport!
BEFORE ARRIVAL AT EVENT
The online NHS Test and Trace survey must be completed
We will be maintaining records of all visitors to support NHS Test and Trace. The information that MUST be provided is below.
• Name of the lead member of the group.
• Number of people in group (if above guidelines are not adhered to entry will be refused).
• Contact phone number for each visitor. Lead is responsible for ensuring they have contact details for all members of the party readily available.
• Vehicle registration of all vehicles.
• Date and time of arrival. Departure day and estimated time.
The above records will be held for 21 days. After 21 days this information will be deleted (shredding any paper documents and permanent deletion of electronic files).
You will be required to provide the necessary NHS Test and Trace Information upon arrival. This may cause delays, so please allow additional time and be patient with our teams.
Upon completion of the Test and Trace information and questionnaire, each member of your party will then be handed a wristband. Wristbands must be worn at all times – failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave site immediately.
When parking your lorry, please be patient, and follow the instructions of our staff.
There will be a separate parking area for cars. No parking is allowed in the Lorry Park, other than for disabled visitors in our designated area.
All attendees will be required to complete a screening questionnaire:
1. Have you knowingly been in contact with any Covidpositive people within the last 14 days or deliberately disregarded COVID guidelines?
2. Are you suffering from any known COVID symptoms? (fever, cough, loss of taste or smell)
3. Have you travelled from a country NOT on the UKGovexempt list in the last 14 days?
4. Do you agree to safe working practices and personal hygiene and social distancing?
5. Do you have a face mask, gloves and personal supply of hand sanitiser with you?
If the questionnaire raises any concerns in relation to COVID risk then you, and all of your party, will be asked to leave the venue immediately.
By answering this questionnaire you accept that by attending the event, you acknowledge and agree that notwithstanding the mitigation strategies employed by British Showjumping and Bolesworth in accordance with Government guidance, it is impossible to eliminate all risk and there remains the potential for unintended transmission of COVID-19 between attendees. You agree to play your part in minimising the risk to yourself and others by ensuring that you are understanding and comply with these guidelines and the COVID-19 requirements as set out.
Bolesworth and British Showjumping will not under any circumstances accept responsibility for the potential effects of contracting COVID-19 at this event.
• Card payments preferred in all departments.
• Please adhere to all instructions on site in relation to social distancing, and controlled admission. Failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave.
• Ensure you keep a distance of two metres from other people.
• Toilet and Welfare Facilities – please use your own lorry facilities if you are able. This will help us manage demand and queuing. Hand washing or sanitiser will be available and should be used both before entering and on exit.
• Facilities will have an increased cleaning frequency, particularly high touch point areas. Please be patient with our teams if they are cleaning the area.
• Hand Sanitiser – stations will be provided as appropriate. Attendees are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser.
• Please respect personal space of all stewards at all times.
• Warm up areas are restricted in numbers. Maximum competitor numbers will be controlled by stewards. Under no circumstances should there be other persons, including parents, grooms, trainers or coaches, in warm up areas.
• Whilst mounted, please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to during course walks. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH FENCES OR POLES.
• Due to a change in government guidance (from 24 July 2020) you will be required to wear a face mask when visiting enclosed trade stands. To clarify, you will not be required to wear a mask in the riders lounge or prosecco bar area. This guidance does not apply to children under the age of 11 years.
SCORING AND RESULTS
• A scoreboard will be in use at the venue.
• No formal prize giving will be held. Prize money will be paid by BACS, competitors need to ensure they have completed and emailed an Online Prize Money Claim Form to Organiser.
By submitting your entries you are deemed to have accepted all of the rules and guidelines set out. These guidelines have been written in accordance with current government guidelines and may be subject to change.